As per PTU reservation Policy
- Weightage of 5% in marks shall be given to students of Punjab Domicile who have studied at least three years or have passed 11th and 12th from schools located in rural area.( Format of rural Area at Annexure A)
- 85% seats will be reserved for the candidates from within the Punjab State and 15% will be open to candidates on All India basis. The eligibility criteria for 85% seats will be that the candidate must be resident of Punjab State in terms of Punjab Government, Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms (PP-I Br.)Letter No.1/3/95-3PP1/9619, dated the 6th June, 1996 and letter No.1/3/95-PP-II/80, dated the 1st January, 1999 and should have passed qualifying examination from any recognized Board/University.
In case, the residence certificate is found at any stage to be false or incorrect, the admission against Punjab quota shall be liable to be cancelled, without prejudice to any criminal proceedings that may be initiated. Furthermore, the fees or any other amount paid, including advance or security, shall be automatically treated as forfeited.
The General eligibility criteria shall be as contained in Punjab Government, Department of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Punjab memo No 35/44/95/T(2)978 dated 21st March 2003 This communication shall be treated as a part and parcel of this notification for all purposes and all the provisions of this notification shall be read along with the contents of the said communication. Clause number ii(a),iii and v of this notification is not applicable to NIIFT (Notification at annexure B -Refer annexure VI -Specimen formats of Residence Certificate for some of the categories mentioned in guidelines issued by the Punjab Government are given as Annexure No. VI (ii) to VI (x).
RESERVATION OF SEATS
The reservation of seats shall be as per the Punjab Government, Department of Technical Education and Industrial Training Memo No 13-2-05-ITE2/1987 dated 2-7-2013. This communication shall be treated as a part and parcel of this notification for all purposes and all the provisions of this notification shall be read along with the contents of the said communication.( See annexure C for notification and refer annexure VI for formats and clarifications)
- The reservation applicable to Punjab Domicile candidates under 85 %(quota ) is as under :-
- Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes 25%
- Backward Classes. 5%
- Border Areas/Backward Areas (2% each) 4%
- Sportspersons 2%
- Children/Grand Children of Freedom Fighters. 1%
- Disabled Persons: 3% (a) Blind 1% (b) Deaf & Dumb 1% (c) Other Handicapped 1% (If suitable candidates are available in anyone of these sub-categories, the seats so available will be filled up by the candidates from the other sub-categories of disabled candidates and if they are not available in any sub-category then seats shall be filled up from general category candidates).
- Children/widows of defence personnel killed or disabled to the extent of 50% or more in action, wards of gallantry awardees, and children of serving defence personnel/Ex-servicemen (2%). The priority to this category is given as under: (a) Killed in action (b) Disabled in action & Boarded out of service. (c) Died while in service & death attributable to military service. (d) Disabled in service & Boarded out of service with disablity attributable to military service (e) Gallantry award / other award winners both serving / retired. (f) Serving Defence Personnel / Ex-servicemen.
- Children/widows of Para-military forces personnel, Punjab Police, PAP and Punjab Home Guards killed or disabled in action to the extent of 50% or more; and children of paramilitary forces personnel/ex-paramilitary forces personnel, wards of Punjab Policemen decorated with Gallantry Medals (2%).
- November 1984 riots-affected displaced persons, children of the Army deserters Killed/100% physically disabled, children of the families of persons killed as a result of terrorist violence or by security forces acting in aid of civil authorities and the children of innocent civilians who have sustained 100% disability in terrorist violence or during operation by Security forces acting in aid of civil authorities (2%).
- Sibling (single) girl child or one of the girl of the parents having two or more girls and having no male child, (an affidavit worth Rs. 20 duly attested by 1st class magistrate to be obtained from parent of girl child )1%
- The reservation of T-Sunami affected persons shall be available for the children / grand children of original ex-serviceman settler of Campbell Bay Island only or students suffering from Cancer /AIDS/ Thalassemia( The claimant candidate will have to submit a certificate as a proof from National Medical Institute like PGI,AIMS etc in support of his/her claim )(1%).
- The reservation applicable to 15% quota will be as under:-
RESERVED CATOGERY'S CLAIM
- General Category - 70%
- Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes-25%
- Backward classes-5%
Every candidate must indicate in his / her application the reserved category and sub reserved category (if applicable) for which he/ she wants to apply. Candidate seeking reservation is entitled to apply for not more than one reserved category besides the general category. If there is no category mentioned in his /her application, the candidate will be considered for the general category only. No candidate will be considered for admission against a reserved category for which he/she has not applied. Regarding reserved categories rule/instructions of Government of Punjab as amended from time to time will be followed .No change in category once claimed will be permitted. For detail refer reservation Policy
Click here to View Reservation Policy/Notification & Guidelines
Click here to view/download Specimen Formats