Guidelines for filling the online form
Detail for compiling of Merit List
- Candidates are required to go through all the terms and conditions of NIIFT .
- Candidates must be having their soft copy of photograph , scanned copy of certificate for Punjab Domicile & certificate of reservations (if any ) . their marks ready at the time of filing the online form)
- Candidates opting to pay through Demand draft must keep their demand draft ready in favour of NIIFT Mohali, Payable at Mohali as per under :-
- General- Rupees 1750/-
- SC/ST/PHC- Rupees 440/-.
- Copy of duly filled form along with requisite certificates of Domicile of Punjab, reservations if any and Demand Draft (if applicable ) must reach the detailed address (mentioned with form by 25-05-2018.
- The admission to a programme is based strictly on merit and the seats
in the programme and Center would be offered as per the merit during the
- Successful candidates eligible for admission will be required to
attend the counseling session on a specified date and time at their own
expense at NIIFT Campus at Mohali. The schedule of the
counseling for final
allotment of course would be displayed on the NIIFT website
www.niiftindia.com .Candidates whose name appear in the list put on
the website but have not received the invitation for counseling
appear for counseling on the counseling date(s) notified.
- If the candidate remains absent on the date and time specified for
the counseling session or does not deposit the fee through Bank Demand
Draft, the candidature will be cancelled and the next candidate in the
final merit will be called immediately.
- A candidate who reports later than the date and time when his/her
rank in the rank list required him/her to do so, he/she will be
for admission against the seats that are available at that point
of time in
various programmes at other NIIFT centres. He/she will not be eligible and
will not be considered against a seat that would have ordinarily gone to
him/her on the basis of merit.
- The candidates are advised to join the Programme offered at the
allotted centre within ten days of commencement of the programme, failing
which, their admission will stand cancelled without any
intimation and the
tuition fee paid shall be forfeited. The vacant seat shall be offered to
the waitlisted candidates in the order of merit.
- The candidates are advised in their own interest to submit their
admission forms complete in all respects. Incomplete forms are
liable to be
- The attested copies of all the certificates, degree and detail mark
sheet of the qualifying examination passed by the candidates should be
enclosed invariably along with the form. However the final
be checked at the time of interview /Situation Test. Original
should not be enclosed.
- The candidates submitting detailed marks card with grade point
system must also append the relevant conversion tables.
- The candidates are advised to retain a printout of the application
- Any attempt to influence admission process by way of recommendation
will invite disqualification for the candidate.
- Any dispute arising out of admission would be under the
jurisdiction of Mohali courts.
- NIIFT reserves the right to add or discontinue any programme at any
- The medium of instruction in NIIFT and of the entrance examination
Final merit will be compiled on the basis of all the three level of the test mentioned in scheme of examination.
Documents to be made ready at the time of interview at NIIFT:
- There will be common merit list for general and reserved categories /sub categories ( if applicable ) candidates
- The rank of the candidate in the merit list securing equal marks will be in accordance with the following criteria
- The candidate securing higher aggregate percentahe marks in qualifying examination shall be taken higher rank in order of merit
- In case there is tie in (a) above, the candidate senior in age shall rank in order of merit.
- Counselling for 85% of seats for Punjab residence and 15% of seats for outside the Punjab shall be taken up simultaneously, however reserved category candidates shall be considered in General Category first before being considered in respective category.
- After the second counselling if seats in reserved category still remains unfilled will be converted to general category in third counselling.
- After the third counselling, left out seats will be open for eligible candidates to be filled on first come first serve basis for eligible candidates on submission of fee till the last date allowed by PTU for admission, however in case any seat becomes vacant out of the 100% filled seats of any course after the third counselling that seat will be filled on merit basis by the students who are admitted in first or second counselling .
- The original certificates must be produced by the candidate at the time of interview at NIIFT along with a set of photocopy duly attested and original certificate to be submitted to office after confirmation of admission at time of joining college for eligibility verification by University
- Certificates of reserved category/sub category (in the format provided must be signed by prescribed authorities.)
- Certificate of Domicile of Punjab
- Scanned copy of the domicile of Punjab and certificate of reserved category/sub category (if any) is mandatory to be attached with the form.
- Gap Year Certificate In case of any discontinuity in studies
- Date of birth certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- Identity proof
- Two passport size photographs
- Migration certificate