For Bachelor Programmes :
Maximum Age: 23 years as on 1st October, 2018. The upper age limit will be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Differently Abled Person (PHP) subject to following qualifications:
Eligibility for Bachelor Programmes - Design - B.Des.
(Fashion Design / Fashion Communication)
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Any Public School/Board Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply provided:
- That they produce a proof of having acquired minimum prescribed qualifications at the time of counselling/admission.
- If the 12th class, the result of qualifying certificate examination is not declared by the concerned Board till the date of counselling/admission, his/her admission in that case will be strictly provisional subject to the following conditions:
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- in the prescribed Proforma (Annexure-I) is submitted. In case the candidate is minor i.e. below 18 years of age, the affidavit shall be signed by his/her parent/guardian. Candidates/ parent /guardians may note that submission of false affidavit is a punishable offence;
- The candidate will submit the final result of qualifying certificate providing his/her eligibility on or before 30th September, 2019 to the Campus Director, Srinagar (J&K).
- In case the candidate fails to submit his/her final result in the manner as prescribed at (ii) above to prove his/her eligibility on or before 30th September, 2019, whatsoever the reason may be his/her admission will be treated as null and void (cancelled) and entire fee will be forfeited. Any exception will be as per the decision of DG-NIFT, on a case to case basis.
- The Campus Director / Jt. Director will be responsible to ensure that the eligibility of all students meet prescribed qualification for admission especially in case of provisional students. The provisional admission will automatically stand cancelled if the candidate fails to submit result in time i.e. 30th September, 2019.
- The candidates will also bring the date sheet /admit card/ Principal's certificate as proof of having appeared in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates who have appeared for compartment/ Supplementary examination(s) in the 12th standard and the result of the same is not declared by the time of counseling/ admission, such candidates will be considered for admission as per para 1 (b) (ii) above, for the academic session 2019-20.
- Any candidate who has not appeared for the qualifying exam before the date of counselling/ admission to NIFT, will not be eligible.
- It is further clarified that provisional admission will be considered only in such cases where the result has not been declared by the concerned Board in its totality. In case the result has been declared by the concerned Board but it has not been declared in a specific case, for any reason, such cases will NOT be considered under provisional admission category